Customs Regulations in Thailand
If arriving in Thailand by air at Customs use the green channel if you have nothing to declare. People with goods that need to declare use the red channel.
If arriving by train it is usual for the customs officers to board the train.
The current allowances and restrictions are as follows,
- For over 20 year olds:
- 200 cigarettes or 250g cigars 250g of tobacco
- 1L of alcohol
- Non-commercial amount of gifts and other items for personal use of up to 10,000 local currency (Baht)
- Narcotics and other controlled substances
- Counterfeit items
- Goods with Thai flag on them
- Fake Royal or other Official seals
- Copyright infringing items
- Local currency over 10,000 Baht
- Live animals – health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations. Contact nearest embassy to obtain permission.
- Plants, foodstuff and seeds– health certificate require. Check with the nearest embassy.
- Weaponry and ammunition – permission obtainable from Ministry of Interior. Check with the nearest embassy.
- Foreign currency – any amounts over US $10,000 need to be declared